Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas: Greetings From Canada


By Katrina Taylor
ohh CHristmas... it's such a funny word in my mind. My family has a tradition of no traditions. That's right. No traditions. We never do the same thing. Do I like it? hmmm, sometimes! It's a bit of an adventure. You never know WHAT will happen. One year we'll have duck dinner, turkey, chicken, and when that all gets boring we try spaghetti! I'm not sure if we do this on purpose, it just happens. Most memorable Christmas was two years ago. I made cookies and went into a couple nursing homes. You'd cry if you saw the amount of folks that didn't have a place to go for Christmas, and no one cared to go see them. I adopted them, all of them. Specially the ones that tried to hook me up with their ever single grandsons.

So this Christmas, whatever you do, remember what it's all about. Family, friends, laughter, Grandsons you hope you never have to meet, and Jesus... the greatest gift...

Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Kathryn Grace said...

LOL - "Specially the ones that tried to hook me up with their ever single grandsons." That has happened to me... fortunately, it's really only the grandmas who want it to happen. The grandsons are just about as disinterested as they can get. :-)