Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Trip to Florida


I spent the majority of last week in Florida, attending The King Institutes's Level 7 class on TKM, taught by Jim Robertson N.D.
Being once again reminded of what a magnificent and wise God we serve and more about His wonderful creation, us.

When this Wisconsin girl left her northern home last Tuesday it was 59 degrees, when she arrived at her Florida destination just a short 2 1/2 hours later it was 90+ (and she loved it). I was meet at the airport by a very dear lady named Gail, who was also my gracious hostess for the week, we instantly got along great.
Day one of classes dawned bright and early the next morning at 8:30, with an hour lunch break, class didn't wrap up till sometime after 5:30pm. We covered a lot of good information, and took a lot of notes. By that evening I was ready for a quite dinner at the Robertson's house, so I thought... It turns out that Dr. and Mrs. Robertson are a part of a bluegrass band called Back Porch Revival, and they have a jam session on most Thursday nights, but since this night was Wednesday they decided to have a pre-jam, jam session, and nothing would please them more than that I should play the Bodhran along with them. I had never played the Bodhran before, so I did my best to not throw them off time and keep beat, and had a over all great time.

Day two started off much the same, about half way through the afternoon session, we broke up for "Hands On" the favorite part of class for most of the attendees. That evening being Thursday, was official jam night...so we stopped by China 1 (China 1 uses no preservatives or MSG in their food) for a quick bite of dinner, than it was off to the Roberson's house for another fun evening of music and me dutifully drumming on the Bodhran.

The final day of class came and we still had lots to cover. We also had a special guest speaker Dr. David Edwards a holistic dentist, coming in to speak a little about the holistic approach to dentistry. For dinner that evening I enjoyed Thia for the first time, at the Thia House with the Robertsons, Mrs. Robertson's sister Ginger her husband, and Dr. Edwards. Another wonderful evening, with food and friends.

My plane wasn't scheduled to leave till 8:20 Saturday evening, so Dr. Robertson took me around and showed me some of the local sights or "Real Florida" as he called it. First stop was a little organic winery where we walked around and listened to a local band. Second stop, was the oldest race track in Florida. Also I was taken to Highland Hammocks Sate Park, it was absolutely beautiful, I could have spent hours there...but alas I had a plane to catch.

I arrived home safe and sound late that night, glad to have learned more and spent time with wonderful people.


No comments: