Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cupcakes, Black Nail Polish, and a Tacky Red Necklace...it Must be Valentine's Day


Special days, Oh how they come punctually every year on their appointed date. And Valentine's Day is no different, as soon as Christmas is over the hearts, stuffed animals and red heart shaped boxes of cheap chocolate start making their appearance on store shelves. For some its a day to show that special person how much they mean to you and for others well...they refer to it as "Single's Awareness Day".
This year I'm afraid I find myself in the camp of the later group, but being like any girl worth her weight in mascara I won't let the chance to have a themed celebration pass me by. My sisters Eleanor, Maggie and I made strawberry
flavored cupcakes with pink and red heart shaped sprinkles (what is a cupcake without sprinkles? It's kinda the same concept as a rose by any other name...) even the the muffin cups we bought have hearts on them. My Mom is planning on making her delicious traditional Valentine's Day dinner of Lasagna, green salad, and rolls.
A good friend of mine recently told me, this year she planned to paint her nails black for Valentine's Day and every year following till she is engaged, then she will proudly paint them red. I decided I must do the same (I know, I know... I said black nails were for dead people...or those in mourning:)
While I was at Walmart with Maggie the other day picking up the needed items for our "Love Day Cupcakes" as she called them, I stumbled across the most tacky red necklace, with its oversizes red jewels hanging linked together and suspended from a red ribbon. Why in the world would I buy such a tacky piece of adornment you ask? Well for no other reason that it was the exact same red as the heels I plan to wear and I needed something to liven up my otherwise dull outfit of black dress pants and off-white fine knit sweater...Oh and it was 50% off. One must dress for the day you know.
Y'all have a great Valentine's day, and remember we can love because He first loved us.
(1 John 4:19)

2 comments:

Raeanne C. said...

Haha! Happy Valentine's Day!

Unknown said...

So, where's the picture of the tacky red necklace???
I think instead of black you should paint your nails blue. ;-)