Monday, May 2, 2011

Life, In the Recent Past

When I was younger I thought it would be a good to chronicle the everyday events of my young and unfolding life in a Journal...well I must admit I never got far past "Dear Jornel, Today was good I did scool, and playd cant weight for tomorow we are going..." as the time past I got the idea I should start a monthly news letter entitled "The StoneHill Gazette" and fill it with interesting tid bits of randomnesses and of the latest happenings with our family, but I'm afraid to say that publication went from monthly, to bimonthly, to quarterly and then fell out of circulation altogether. Next came the age of the blog, but how much easier it is to post on Facebook "I am sitting on a chair drinking coffee, it is good lol :)" and have it repost to Twitter, MySpace, Buzz and the 20 odd other social medial sites that can all be linked together for the ease of the one posting, than it is to sit down and write a hopefully, semi entertaining, somewhat inelegant post for a blog. But this I shall attempt, as I give a quick recap of the cold,wet and dark days of November, I mean April.
Not much happened in the first half of the month, that is out of the ordinary... those doing school did, those working went, and we all waited for spring to come and stay.
Easter found all 9 of us dressed in our Sunday best, and headed off to church. After church Grandpa and Grandma Strand came over and we like I would guess many did that day, partook of a delicious ham dinner followed by the traditional Bunny cake. The rest of the day
was spent enjoying each others company or resting.

Last Tuesday Faith Christian School held a fundraiser banquet, with Gov. Mike Hukabee as the keynote. The sit down semi formal event was held at the Abbey Resort. Governor Hukabee had many good points on the issues of morals or the lack there of that seems to be permeating the culture at large especially the youth of today in America. There were a few people I knew and many more who's faces I recognized... overall it was a very enjoyable evening.
Yes for those of you who want to know I did get up dark and early in the morning of April 29 to watch the Royal Wedding. I even went a step farther and hosted a Watch party complete with tea, lemon curd and scones (thank you Powers) We had a "Guesses Kate's Dress" game and saw both royal kisses before we responsibly drug ourselves off to a Friday of work.
I think that about sums up April's happenings...it's hard to believe that May is already upon us.

3 comments:

Tara Janelle said...

Would you be shocked to hear that I forgot that the wedding was happening on that day? We watched a few of the videos at about noon. :) Me thinks I would like a british accent - why don't we say "I give thee my troth" like they do?

We need to see each other soon! Maybe this Friday? If not, then next week for lunch.

Loo said...

haha tara no I wouldn't be shocked...yes goota love it.

Grant and I will be going to the wedding, see ya there :)

Loo said...

haha tara no I wouldn't be shocked...yes goota love it.

Grant and I will be going to the wedding, see ya there :)